Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter eggs rock - obviously

I've had reports from the childminder that Ellie has been doing well at Easter Egg Hunts. After taking a moment to understand what's required she soon had no problems learning to grab two piles of eggs, one with each hand.

This is great news for me. She came home with a little Easter bag, stuffed full of her egg hunt finds. Since I think she's too small to eat mini-eggs, it falls to me to eat her chocolate swag. Yes, I am a selfless mother.

Apparently she'll be doing some egg rolling later today. No. I don't know what that means either. I just smiled and said 'Ooh, that sounds fun'. If she ends up rolling down Marine Parade slopes, I'm a bit worried she might pick up too much speed (velocity, that is. Not class B drugs).

But enough of my Easter enthusiasm, here's my meme response to SaraLynn at the Happy Baker. I hope you enjoy.

What I was doing 10 years ago: Aged 27. I'd 'met' my husband at the staff Christmas party and had only just gone 'public'. We'd been working together for three years.

5 Things on my To Do List today:
  1. Get Ellie to her childminder's house in a chilled out frame of mind - CHECK

  2. Chatted to - and remembered to pay - Rose, my fabulous cleaning and ironing lady. Every mum should have a Rose. - CHECK

  3. Met my very important work deadline for a proposal I'm writing. If I don't get this done, I should probably expect to lose my job. Can you feel the fear? - CHECK phew. I feel sooo happy to have done this.

  4. Collected Ellie at the earliest opportunity so that I can have loads of fun at bath and bed time with her.

  5. Settled the babysitter within 5 mins of her arrival - and disappeared out to Mum who's visiting this Good Friday. No room here, I get her to stay at a lovely hotel up the road - everyone's a winner!

Snacks I Enjoy:

Yours. Honestly, whatever you are eating, I'll want them. I think that's got everything covered.


Things I would do if I were a Billionaire (didn't this question used to be about millionaires - that's inflation for you):

  1. Pay off the credit cards

  2. Stop paid work and start work at home

  3. Give Rose a pay rise

  4. Buy Ricarro a boat. Not a big one. I don't want him to sail away too far.

  5. Buy a bigger house so that I can have three children! Yes. I want to be mad too.

3 of my Bad Habits:

  1. I drive too fast. I'd call it speeding, but that's such a dirty word...

  2. I can't leave a question unanswered. I feel compelled to find an answer to every problem - I try to at least tell people when I'm making something up!

  3. An open bottle of wine is an empty bottle of wine. You know what I'm saying.

The last 5 places I have lived:


  1. Whitstable - a brilliant seaside town

  2. Highgate - in fashionable north London

  3. Queens Park - west London. Both flatmate and I were mugged and then burgled. We moved to Highgate.

  4. St Albans - a lovely cathedral city

  5. Bahrain - the best of the Gulf states

5 Jobs I have had:


  1. Lane attendant at a bowling alley (ha ha. Shoe jockey!)

  2. Lifeguard (I was once soooo fit)

  3. Air stewardess (jet set while paying off student loan)

  4. Recruitment consultant (This was not my calling)

  5. Marketing and PR manager (I like this one most)

5 comments:

SaraLynn said...

Thanks for doing the meme! I realy enjoyed reading your responses.
I agree with the open bottle of wine philosophy.
A flight attendant? how fun! I bet you have some stories between that and the bowling alley job!

I wish I had a Rose too ;)

Amanda said...

I think Whitstable looks so wonderful. What a nice place to live. It looks small. Is it small town or big city?
When you say 'I want to be mad too' about having more kids, do you mean angry or crazy. I guess with all of my kids I'm both of those a lot of the time. And in my opinion Ellie needs some little siblings. Enjoy the visit with your mum!!

CC said...

I was once a lifeguard as well! (FYI: I answered your signing question on my blog comments.)

THE MOM BOMB said...

First, you are ten times more productive than I am. Your daily list is like my weekly. My ancestors were Puritans but the work ethic gene was lost long ago.

Second, AMEN to the wine.

And third, a lifeguard? I'm in awe of anyone who would willingly take a job involving a swimsuit.

Reluctant Housewife said...

I used to have a Rose, only my Rose was a Doris, when I worked full time. I miss that. It was so nice to come home to a clean house. Now it's nice when I get to leave the messy house. A complete 180!