This is great news for me. She came home with a little Easter bag, stuffed full of her egg hunt finds. Since I think she's too small to eat mini-eggs, it falls to me to eat her chocolate swag. Yes, I am a selfless mother.
Apparently she'll be doing some egg rolling later today. No. I don't know what that means either. I just smiled and said 'Ooh, that sounds fun'. If she ends up rolling down Marine Parade slopes, I'm a bit worried she might pick up too much speed (velocity, that is. Not class B drugs).
But enough of my Easter enthusiasm, here's my meme response to SaraLynn at the Happy Baker. I hope you enjoy.
What I was doing 10 years ago: Aged 27. I'd 'met' my husband at the staff Christmas party and had only just gone 'public'. We'd been working together for three years.
5 Things on my To Do List today:
- Get Ellie to her childminder's house in a chilled out frame of mind - CHECK
- Chatted to - and remembered to pay - Rose, my fabulous cleaning and ironing lady. Every mum should have a Rose. - CHECK
- Met my very important work deadline for a proposal I'm writing. If I don't get this done, I should probably expect to lose my job. Can you feel the fear? - CHECK phew. I feel sooo happy to have done this.
- Collected Ellie at the earliest opportunity so that I can have loads of fun at bath and bed time with her.
- Settled the babysitter within 5 mins of her arrival - and disappeared out to Mum who's visiting this Good Friday. No room here, I get her to stay at a lovely hotel up the road - everyone's a winner!
Snacks I Enjoy:
Yours. Honestly, whatever you are eating, I'll want them. I think that's got everything covered.
Things I would do if I were a Billionaire (didn't this question used to be about millionaires - that's inflation for you):
- Pay off the credit cards
- Stop paid work and start work at home
- Give Rose a pay rise
- Buy Ricarro a boat. Not a big one. I don't want him to sail away too far.
- Buy a bigger house so that I can have three children! Yes. I want to be mad too.
3 of my Bad Habits:
- I drive too fast. I'd call it speeding, but that's such a dirty word...
- I can't leave a question unanswered. I feel compelled to find an answer to every problem - I try to at least tell people when I'm making something up!
- An open bottle of wine is an empty bottle of wine. You know what I'm saying.
The last 5 places I have lived:
- Whitstable - a brilliant seaside town
- Highgate - in fashionable north London
- Queens Park - west London. Both flatmate and I were mugged and then burgled. We moved to Highgate.
- St Albans - a lovely cathedral city
- Bahrain - the best of the Gulf states
5 Jobs I have had:
- Lane attendant at a bowling alley (ha ha. Shoe jockey!)
- Lifeguard (I was once soooo fit)
- Air stewardess (jet set while paying off student loan)
- Recruitment consultant (This was not my calling)
- Marketing and PR manager (I like this one most)