Monday, March 31, 2008

Meet and greet: Recaro

This Monday's meet and greet post is a confession that sometimes, just sometimes, Recaro and I don't understand each other.

All this time, I've been referring to him as Ricarro. I thought this was 'love language' for him being exciting and romatic.

For him, it was all about high performance racing seats. So high perfomance, that Recaro even provide 'sit training' for how to... wait for it... sit in your car. (Has it ever struck you that men sometimes overcomplicate things?)

Back to the name 'n' shame. I'm a bit shocked at this revelation. Where's the romance? Meanwhile, he's appalled at my terrible spelling of Ricarro and thinks it reeks of 'Rickeeee' and Eastenders.

In deference to it being his nickname, I'll now be referring to him as Recaro.

And lest you think I'm on the back foot, I'm not. As evidence of his slack attitude to parenting, I think the photos aptly demonstrate that he takes his responsibilities lying down.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

However you spell it, he will always be your 'latin lover' to me. Even if that wasn't his intention. Love the pic with their legs sticking out from under the table. Makes me wonder what they are saying to each other under there.

SaraLynn said...

The picture under the table is too cute! Ricarro, Recaro, potato, potahto...it's all good

echoeve said...

Listen do we ever always see eye to eye with another person. No and that is the beauty of the situation.

I love the term 'latin lover'. we used to call my friends stepdad
Rico Sauve.

LaskiGal said...

OK--can't lie. These photos are pretty funny. Mine can be the same way . . . ugh.

Here is to finding that romance . . .

Don Mills Diva said...

HA! Cute post - love the pic!

CC said...

great job catching him lying down on the job!! I've NEVER caught my SAHD husband doing that! LOL!

SaraLynn said...

Just wanted you to know that I have given you an award!
see my blog
http://saralynn-toobusytothink.blogspot.com/

Reluctant Housewife said...

You know, from the few picture I've seen, you have a beautiful home. Is that the beach near your place?

Cute post too, by the way... Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Sass E-mum said...

I wish that beach was the one here. Sadly it's all the way up on the Isle of Mull. Yes, it's true, the sun shines in Scotland.

Our beach is all shingle - which means we don't got so many visitors. Hurray! Beach to ourselves!

Thank you for thinking my home looks lovely. I don't photograph the junk.