Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Awards for edjumacational mothers

SaraLynn at the Happy Baker has seen fit, in her infinite wisdom, to give me an award.

This is so great. And of course, I want to spread the joy - even if it means some people are getting an award twice within the week. I checked the original rules of the award - it's allowed!

I'm going to dish out a few awards to those blogging mothers who have taught me a lesson - or even two;

Jakelliesmom who's taught me that a great blog doesn't have to include daily posts. Less can be more.

Reluctant Housewife who convinces me that its great to ask opinions - and to not hold back when she's got something to say. Despite her 'reluctance' she also posts very handy cleaning tips for eradicating crayon marks.

Amanda who seems to teach everyone that there's a lot of joy to be found in being one of the most open-hearted bloggers you could ever wish to meet. Also, I'm hoping this will help me win Minnie Mouse in her Friday giveaway.

SaraLynn is getting an award right backatchya because she sets herself wholesome challenges - cooking something new every week; tough challenges - looking out for all the children in her extended family; and weird challenges - frying ravioli. Never did understand that;).

Jen M for finding rude jokes as funny as she ever did before motherhood struck.

Don Mills Diva for inspiring me to book a haircut! As if my scraggy locks weren't inspiration enough I needed a blogger to point out the error of my ways.

Working Mum who is giving me advance warning of the perils of combining work with motherhood, children in fancy dress costumes, the cost of children's shoes and the unpredictability of fabulous childminders.

CC for her reading, writing and speech advice. In fact she covers housekeeping, cooking and family stuff too as well as running an autism awareness campaign this month. Do you know - I think she might have superpowers after all.

The Natural Mommy who blogs everything. Even if she's just fried the high chair. Quite how I justify awards to both The Natural Mommy and Jakelliesmom, I don't know. But hey, I'm the one giving out the awards!

11 comments:

jakelliesmom said...

Thank you ever so much. I write along the rhythms of my life - sometimes there is more to give than others.

I appreciate the recognition. You are kind.

SaraLynn said...

Thanks Sass! How sweet!
Can you feel the blog lovin' this week, or what??

Casdok said...

Many congratulations on your award!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Thank you! Awards are so fun. I haven't done any yet... I should get on that.

CC said...

Wow thanks! My first award every. I'm flattered!

Jen M. said...

Aw, gee thanks!

Now I feel like I should insert a naughty word or something....

Amanda said...

Wow, after weeks of bitterness about losing those random drawings on other blogs, I must say that this feels pretty darn good. Thank you so much and I will slip an extra of your name into the hat. Who says that bribery doesn't pay?

Sass E-mum said...

Feeling all warm and rosy.

And slightly corrupt. Thanks Amanda.

Working mum said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I just keep recording my experiences. It's one big learning curve, but so much fun along the way!

May your future be filled with fairies!

Reluctant Housewife said...

And I'm sending one your way too!

Don Mills Diva said...

I am honoured to know that another woman has been spared the humiliation of crazy hair!

Thanks!