Thursday, April 17, 2008

Flashback Friday

Rewind a year and I recall giving Ellie her first messy, scruffy, painting playdate with our best pals The Guru and Little Om.

The Guru is a fantastic yoga teacher and supremely arty. I think she even has a fine art degree from Goldsmiths among her many achievements.

I think this had something to do with how she managed to keep Little Om - a very boisterous and mobile 7-month boy - pretty  clean. His hand and foot print paintings were really very classy.

Meanwhile, the strangelush gals had a rather more random time.


But at least when it was all over, she really knew how to chill out and enjoy her nap.

There was a time that I always knew when she was ready to sleep. Her arms would go up to her head, ready for her sleeping position.

Now? Well, now I'm getting away with deciding when she needs to nap and putting her in her crib when I think she - and I - need the break. It's said you can't bank sleep - but I've got a feeling the time will come when I'm really pleased I made the most her afternoon naps. 

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I can see why you might be scared to let her have crayons.
I love that shot of her sleeping, I think I do the same thing when I need a nap.

Madame Queen said...

She looks like a little doll in that picture of her sleeping! But I have to say it looks like the two of you had more fun with the paint. What fun is a painting party if you don't get a little messy?

Don Mills Diva said...

That first picture is classic - love it! My husband is pretty anal so looking at it all I could think is how it would truly give him a heart attack to see Graham like that!

jakelliesmom said...

I can't decide which photo I love more - they are both absolutely precious.

echoeve said...

I think the painting picture is so funny.

The sleeping picture looks like beautiful art to me. She looks so heaven sent.

SaraLynn said...

How fun! I think the paint pic is adorable! She is so precious :)

CC said...

That first picture looks like YOU painted her! Ha ha!!

and I totally thought she was a doll in that 2nd pic! Cute!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Oh my goodness. Is there a cuter baby anywhere? Those chubby little arms! Too cute to handle! Ah! Cute overload. Seriously. Adorable.