Saturday, April 5, 2008

It's just blogging. I've still got a mind of my own.

If I was to make one big assumption, it's that you - and I mean you who is reading this right now - don't like to be told what to do. Instead you, like me, like to sustain the belief that we are all making our own minds up, reaching our own conclusions and shaping our own opinions. 


So don't think for a moment that this post involves me being uttlerly responsive to other people's calls to action. It's got nothing to do with Don Mills Diva that I finally booked a hair cut. 

That was pure coincidence. 

As if I'd need someone else to point out that my grooming regime was getting slack.

I didn't just have a go at self-photography because Amanda wanted to see what everyone looks like, even if that means using very dodgy self-photography skills. It was important to conduct a cost benefit analysis on my haircut. It's not as if Amanda is bossy or anything.
 
As this 'after' photo shows, I got a sassy kind of kick to my hair for my money. 

And I didn't go out and finally buy some new moisturiser just because Jen M said so. I was going to do that any way. She didn't scare me with her extensive knowledge of anti-ageing products. Much.

I was always planning to learn how to use Photoshop one day. It was just a matter of time. It was just lucky chance that took me to the pioneer woman's Photoshop tutorials. I'm sure I'd have posted these photos straight out of the camera otherwise. (Ha! as if).   

You see, blogging is just for fun. It's not like it influences the way I live or anything.

9 comments:

Working mum said...

Blogging has taken over my life. Daughter is now telling me she's hungry as I've forgotten to cook the evening meal!

PS I've made my award, pop over and collect yours

Reluctant Housewife said...

Wow, great pictures Sass! I love the new coif.

Cajunchic said...

Hi. I saw a link to your site on another page. Your after picture looks amazing. I love to get hair cuts but then I never keep up with them and end up looking shaggy again within a day or two.

Ofcourse blogging does not influence me at all. that is why I am seriously considering getting another hair cut right now. lol

family affairs said...

Hello! Just found you - we have both been given another award! Hooray! Hooray! Like your blog btw - love those edible feet x Lulu

Amanda said...

Love the self-picture. You did a fabulous job. I'm so glad that I have no influence whatsoever on what you do. This blogging thing is seriously taking me over, as well. I justify it by saying 'At least it's not t.v.'. Right? This is much more educational. It's all sort of a life research project.

SaraLynn said...

That is a great look! Very nice pictures!

blogging has in no way influenced me either.....hehe

CC said...

not a lemming. not a lemming. not a lemming.

jakelliesmom said...

Pretty hair.

Elaine A. said...

You're so cute! Love your glasses. I am getting some new ones soon - I cannot wait! Love your hair too - very NICE!