I'll wrestle this blog back under control if. it's. the. last. thing. I. do.
Okay. Now I've got it pinned down. All I need to do now so is get through my back log of memes. Other blogs are giving away exciting goodies - I'm just here telling you stuff about ME. Who could ask for more?
Saralynn - the Happy Baker - tagged me for a Six Word Memoir. The rules are as follows:
And I've also been tagged by Cajunchic at The Simple Cajun Life (though if you ask me, her life is anything BUT simple). If she can find time to blog, then I can find time to get through my memes.
So here are the rules:
1. Post 3 random things about yourself.
2. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
3. Tag at least 5 other bloggers.
4. Let them know you've tagged them by commenting on their blog with an invite to participate.
Here's some very random things about me;
1. I'm clumsy. Especially with kitchen knives. Right know I have two cuts healing up. I'm not a self harmer, but if you saw my hands right now I could forgive you for wondering. In case you wonder - I wax my legs. There's no such thing as a safety razor.
2. I listen to weird bits of advice. Like my aunt telling me that used tea bags can stop bleeding. My uncle is on blood thinning drugs, so any shaving nicks can get way out of control. It really works. I can't remember what the active ingredient is, but if you ever you get an annoying paper cut that won't stop (and you don't want to cover your hands in plasters) try putting a wet, used tea bag on it. It stops the bleeding as if by magic. I'm almost looking forward to the next time Recaro cuts himself shaving... (just kidding).
3. I can't abide whistling. I think it's an abomination and one of the rudest things people can do. Co-workers, husband and many others think this is nutty. Including random strangers who I ask to stop whistling. It's got a lot to do with my mum telling my brother it was rude to whistle. Maybe he was whistling in an inappropriate place. Nonetheless, the feeling stuck. I find the noise really irritating and it bugs me that there's a tune going on in someone's head and I have to hear their awful accompaniment. I used to work next to a guy who would whistle as soon as it was past 5.30pm. He believed he only had to comply with my no-whistling directive during official work hours. It was okay though. I soon ran him off the premises and he's not come back since.
You know what. I'm not going to tag on this occasion. There are some really great posts going on around us right now. What I believe at The Natural Mommy (not that I agree with her - but isn't that part of the blogging fun?) and Eight Windows at I invented Motherhood to name just two and I don't want to get my tag in the way of someone else's well written, inspiring post. And of course we are just a post or two away from Reluctant's 100th post - which I'm looking forward to because I've asked her at least 14 questions and can't wait to read her answers. Also I haven't finished discovering the new blogs that Working Mum is enjoying. There's so much to read, comment on as well as laugh, cry, sigh and awww at. And that's before I've seen what Amanda's only gone and done now...
But just wait, because next time I might just throw a tag your way.