Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Look no further - I've seen what you need

I thought a sartorial theme for Thrifty Thursday would be useful for those of you wanting to make sure you don't pick the wrong outfit next time you go shopping.

I was in London yesterday and took the opportunity to check out some perfect items for you and the man in your life. But first, walk with me from Victoria station to Bond Street:
At this time of day, there are only commuters at Buckingham Palace. Lizzie wasn't home (check out the Union flag on the flag pole - not the royal standard). I think she must be avoiding the London marathon this weekend which ends right at the end of her driveway.
And you thought parks were just for mums and children. They've just laid a new path in Green Park because the commuters were carving a new direct path anyway.
This is one of my favourite views in London. 
Ever wondered how big a diamond would be if it was as big as the Ritz...

At last - window shopping. First of all something for the man in your life. I really like Gucci's subtlety. That little star on the jacket - it could be your way of telling him-indoors that he's special too.
Next, at Miu Miu, they only make clothes for really beautiful women. So obviously I had you in mind. It takes a particularly stylish woman to handle this outfit - but you know, I think you could do it. And the children would think you were throwing them a circus and clowns party at the same time. Isn't that great?
Of course, you'll need a coat. Look no further than Burberry.
And for that Lindsey Lohan look, how about this super big bag to show off your tiny frame. It's very capacious, so don't you go filling it with all your mumsy stuff now. It wouldn't look so good with nappies and snacks spilling out the top.
 In case you can't see the glorious shiny tackiness of this bag, be assured it looks as expensive as a carry all from the pound shop. (I hope that's not going to get me sued!)

I couldn't hang around shopping all day, I had to go to work. I really would have liked to have bought one of these pretty teacups from Asprey. But it's not that kind of office.

At least I have the photo.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

How lucky you are that you get to walk by those things all of the time. My boys just had a conversation about the jacket. Jackson thought Jonathon should wear that outfit and Jonathon said he can't because he's not a girl.
Do normal people actually wear those things? I loved the tour. This may have been one of my favorite strangely lush posts!

Great shot of the tea cups, too.

echoeve said...

I think this was one of my favorite posts. I don't think I will ever get to see the Palace in person. I love the pictures however, i don't get he fashion.

jakelliesmom said...

I believe that bag would do an excellent job of hiding the stains from spilled milk. They should be marketing it to moms everywhere. I bet it's very affordable, right?

Sass E-mum said...

Oh yes, it's a bargain at £395. Or US$795 to you. I've discovered its the Roxanne bag and considered by many to be 'hot, hot, hot'. Try saying that in a fashionista way and not in a 'don't touch the oven' way. Difficult, huh?

SaraLynn said...

I would love to walk along that path!! How beautiful! You are soooo lucky!
Love the pictures, thank you so much for sharing!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Thanks for taking me shopping! I loved the pictures of London. Love the circus outfit. And you're right - it would look amazing with that burbury coat!

Dahlia said...

Thanks for writing this.