Wednesday, May 28, 2008

and the winner is...

... the Reluctant Housewife.

Which just goes to show that good things come to those who crochet. I sent Amanda a box of these chocs too, so you can check with her that they are worth winning - I thought she needed the strength for her fabulous fitness regime (think supportive chocolates, not sabotage chocolates).

We had to leave one restaurant where we didn't think it would be a good idea to let her get down from the table and the Mokabon coffee shop when she just completely lost it. I think the coffee shop was too hot, too busy and just too much.

I carried her out under my arm, dragging the buggy behind me. Once strapped in the buggy, Recarro gave her a proper talking to. I was quite impressed. If she was 15, it's possible that she would pay attention, but I expect much of it went over her pink, sweaty, screamy head. And then, much to my embarrassment, I had to go back into the shop to buy the fabulous yellow baggy of coffee for this giveaway. The things I'll do for you, Reluctant.

But two out of seven isn't bad. Makes me think my threshold for toddler tantrums and general naughtiness might be a little higher than Suburban Correspondent and Scrappy Sue who both thought that I might have bailed out of all seven.

As if I'd let a toddler get between me and my next meal.
Reluctant - email me your address and I'll send your package to you pronto.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats, Reluctant! You totally deserve them. After all of that hard work you did moving, take a little break and eat that whole box of chocolates. I really don't think you could sit down and eat the whole thing. I tried. After a couple of the most heavenly pieces of chocolate in the world, my mouth either needed a salt bath or lots of water. Wow, those were good. Really the best chocolate, I've ever had. Thanks for my treat.

Working mum said...

Congratulations Reluctant. I was disappointed not to win, but then I have got Thornton's!

You are very good at this terrible two lark; I remember dragging daughter along the floor of Asda as she had a tantrum and vowing never to leave the house with her again! Luckily she grew out of it!

scrappysue said...

well done mel! i guess i'm just a cynic!!! i'm trying google alerts with no luck at all!

any tips ladies?

Working mum said...

Just popped back to let you know I've tagged you! Are you a MIF or a TIF?

THE MOM BOMB said...

Is that your town? I love it! And "pink, sweaty, screamy head"? Have you met my husband?

Beth said...

Hi there Strangely! Sorry I've been out of touch for so long - been widely busy - barely keeping up with my blog!

Check out this link!

http://feministreview.blogspot.com/2008/05/reclaiming-feminist-motherhood.html

Sass E-mum said...

Not my town, I'm afraid, MB.

these are of Ghent in Belgium - home of coffee and chocolates!

I recommend a visit if ever you are wondering where a pink, sweaty, screamy-head might like to roam.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Yay! Thank you. And thanks everyone else for the congrats.

Just sent you my address, Sass!