Thursday, May 15, 2008

Overnight babysitters ROCK

I'm here in Ghent blogging from the hotel. It's a beautiful city, I don't think I'm going to stop wanting to take photos all weekend. Of course, I forgot the cable for downloading photos from my camera. My complete travel post will have to wait till Monday (Tuesday, Wednesday etc), instead I'll post about something completely different.

Recaro and I went to a party last weekend. It was a friend's 40th birthday party held at the local football club. It was one of those parties that only childless people seem to have, a bit random, no food, people playing in their own rock bands. Incidentally, I don't think the birthday guy will always be childless, it's just where he happens to be right now.

Ellie stayed at Rose's house overnight, so we'd be able to sleep late in the morning. Though, in fact, we did get up and go to church. It's nice to do that without Ellie once in a while.

We didn't get home till half past one. We felt like kids again. All wild and free, cycling back from our night out. Except for the babyseat on the back of my bike. That cramped my freewheeling style by a smidgin (which isn't by much).





6 comments:

scrappysue said...

never mind the babyseat on the back of the bike - i'm struggling with the concept that you biked back from a party!!! awesome! with the price of petrol here, we should all take a leaf out of your book! i assume the ride home wasn't too wobbly???

Sass E-mum said...

Kind of wobbly. Swinging from one side of the road to the other.

We cycled the path that cuts across the golf course. It has a ditch either side - but didn't fall in. Sorry to disappoint.

scrappysue said...

i'm GLAD you didn't fall in! hope the holiday is going well! dragged daughters 2 and 4 out for a run today - the SLFP is going well!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Yay! Sounds like fun. Late night bike rides, parties, child-free. Whee.

Amanda said...

What a rip-roarin good time. I love that you biked to and from the party. Did the band cover any Michael Buble? I guess he's not really a party music kind of guy.

scrappysue said...

michael buble is the SHIZ - even my 18 y/0 thinks so!