Thursday, May 15, 2008

Time for another adventure

Tonight, Recaro, Ellie and I pack for our weekend trip to Ghent.

Where's Ghent?

Well obviously it's in Belgium.

Where's... okay okay. Here's a map.


Ghent is in the north west of Belgium so it should only take a couple of hours for us to drive there via the channel tunnel. As far as holidays go, we are again choosing the easy option, taking the car and not going too far - but at least it takes us to another country and that's always fun.

We plan to eat continental breakfasts, shop, drink Belgian beer (we'll let Ellie watch), have siestas in our comfortable hotel and all go out to dinner together in the evening. On holidays we switch Ellie on to her continental holiday routine. I expect we'll suffer for it on our return, but in the meantime we'll all have a good time.

I'm about eight posts away from my 100th post. I'm not planning to answer questions - though I'm happy to answer any that you have. Instead, I'm going to buy a 100th post giveaway or two from Ghent. No idea what this will be, but I thought you'd like the chance to get excited. Just what do they make in Belgium anyway - I've heard their chocolates are rubbish.

If you are concerned that all the Belgian beer might set back my strangely lush fitness plans, have no fear - I've been doing my yoga, drinking water, eating slow-ish and I ran a mile and half run this lunchtime. And don't worry, I've got more plans for you guys next week...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What an exciting trip!! Have a good time. And pick us something fabulous, so that I can lose, again. (wow, am I bitter or what)

I will try to stay motivated while you are gone, but I can't make any promises.

Working mum said...

Sounds like a fun adventure. Have a great time!

Have to say though, Belgian chocs are yummy. Husband brought me a box back when he went on a football tour (what else?)

jakelliesmom said...

It sounds marvelous. We take the easy travel options, too, though for ours we generally end up in Las Vegas. Not that it's not a fine destination, but it's not another country or anything.

All I know of Belgium are frites, beer and chocolate. Enjoy!

Trish said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog to see what's happening accross the pond. You always seem to be doing such wonderful things.

scrappysue said...

oh wow! i hope you have a HARMONIOUS holiday!!! i'm up to 92 posts as well! how's that for a coincidence? you have inspired my blog post today - check back with me when you've finished being all continental! i love how close europe is to the uk - you guys are very blessed in that respect. don't go taking any mad video on the train tho. are you taking the car on the train?