Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday's French fringe


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

It being a frugal kind of Friday we have already swopped Recaro's Daily Torygraph voucher for a Guardian newspaper. There aren't many newsagents that'll do this - so we treasure the one that will accept the vouchers and swop them for the paper I prefer to read.

I've also had our incredibly busy, multi-tasking, knitting, babysitting neighbour cut Peaches' hair. She does this as a freebie partly because we pay for her to knit funky little girl dresses and to babysit, but mostly because she thinks Peaches' is a funny and sweet little girl. I didn't exactly have to beg for her to do the deed.

The cut was all about a sassy little French fringe at the front and lots of baby curls at the back. This would get her ready for our holiday in a couple of weeks' time.

My new camera doesn't make it any easier to take a photo of the girl when she's on the move. Nearly all the shots were out of focus - I imagine it's hard for any camera to deal with refocusing when the subject is rushing straight towards the lens.

Downloading just out of focus photos isn't only disappointing, it's a little unsettling. I still feel a bit blurry.

12 comments:

Jacki said...

She's cute!!

Head Gaggler said...

Great shot. You def need a fast camera to catch the little ones!

Chris Osborne said...

One way to get someone coming at you is to focus on something closer, lock the focus by pressing the shutter halfway, and catch her when she's as far away as the thing you used to focus with.

Sass E-mum said...

Oh Chris. You are so funny. You think I can do all that and keep her fingers off the lens....

I'm using a Lumix 10 (or something like, I forget the extry-letters). I think I'll go for the sports setting and take even more pics.

April said...

She is SO incredibly adorable!! Love the bangs!

carrie & troy keiser said...

too cute!

Working mum said...

Hey, you've joined in PSF!

Gorgeous picture. I cut daughter's hair last night; still a riot of curls. Peaches' fringe looks really cute!

MamaGeek said...

Oh what a cutie. I cut my son's hair too (it grows SO fast) and I hear ya on trying to get a toddler in focus. It SHOULD be an oxymoron! :)

I'm so glad you are playing PSF! This was great!

Cecily R said...

Oh, she is adorable. Peach is a PERFECT name for her.

I learned really quickly that if I want one good shot of my kids I have to take at least 20 bad ones on some days. Its all a work in progress.

Fabulous PSF entry. So glad you joined us!!

hotmamabeads said...

French fringe! (New to me) and soooo cute on her!

scrappysue said...

PSF sounds like fun! sports setting is the way to go. just keep shooting, you'll get a good one, not that the one here isn't just fine!

Robyn said...

What a cutie. I totally get where you're coming from, my daughter races at the camera too, especially when I want to get a certain shot.