Friday, June 27, 2008

Window shopping: Bond Street and Bruton Street

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

We've not been shopping for a while. So hold on to your hats, grab your wallet and lets go. There's even a sale along the way. By the way, this post is dedicated to my ever-so stylish sister-in-law in Melbourne.

Stella McCartney
I like to imagine that Stella is bonkers, but I can't deny that she sells lovely clothes. And she always gives good window display. Daytime through to evening and with such pretty shoes. (I think lots of shoes are pretty, even if I wouldn't/couldn't wear them myself.

Matthew Williamson
I think he and Stella have a competitive window thing going. Creatively at least this week, he's winning. I'm a bit concerned however that the king of summer dresses is only good for skinny young girls.
Kenzo
I don't like fascinators, but it's a pretty dress. She should really clean up those fridge magnets though. They are taking over the house.

Dolce and Gabbana
It's an interesting trick. The window looks busy and exciting. But pause a moment and look at the clothes. Pretty ordinary. Not so special this week.

Miu Miu
Has an uncanny knack for cute items. There's something strangely desirable about the fluffy pink jacket even if I know in my heart that it would not look quite so lush on me.
Emporio Armani
He he. Peach satin on the sale rail. Hardly a surprise there.

Jigsaw
So jolly, so Wimbledon. I love their window displays - they really make the most of their wind machine to get the skirts fluttering. On a very positive note, this is the most affordable shop of them all.

There you go - that's your lot. Now you know what all the yummy mummies in Mayfair will be wearing this season; peachy little summer dresses with pink fluffy jackets fluttering in the wind.

19 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

I have all those clothes in my closet. I just choose to make a fashion statement by wearing my frump sweats, holey tee & flip flops. :D

Pop over & see my interview with a diva, Miss Dragonfly: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/06/interview-with-miss-dragon-fly.html

Trish said...

I always enjoy your window shopping pics. That pink fluffy jacket is very cute. Don't know where I could wear it, even if I could afford it, but it's cute.

Working mum said...

I've missed these shopping trips. I used to walk past these windows in King Street in Manchester, but haven't been AC.

Must admit I liked the Miu Miu outfit too!

Elaine A. said...

Shopping?? What is that again? :P

Chris Osborne said...

I've never understood mannequins. I think they're just weird.

But I do like the colors that abound in this set.

MamaGeek said...

I LOVED this post. The shots were so crisp and colorful and the story was superb. Oh how I miss these type of trips ...

http://anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

Isn't Jigsaw the place Kate Middleton worked? And, that jacket at Miu Miu? I swear that was on one of the pictures for Confessions of a Shopaholic. One just like it at least.

I would gladly go window shopping with you!

Don Mills Diva said...

You are making me COVET something terrible...

Reluctant Housewife said...

I love that shade of green in the Jigsaw window... cute stuff. Fun shopping trip, too.

lingovise said...

I love this idea - window shopping from my computer! How lovely, and since I rarely get to Go shopping this has been a treat :)

many thanks!

Sass E-mum said...

Kate Middleton was, maybe still is, an accessories buyer for Jigsaw.

How about that? Straight out of Uni and into buying handbags for a living. Three day week I think, too. Lucky girl.

gigi said...

What a wonderful shopping trip! Really wish I could go somewhere there were any beautiful window's in which to look at. Walmart and Target just don't offer such. Thank you.

Adrian said...

Great windows. I've never been window shopping like that - I can't shop without buying. But it looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

Um, what's a fascinator???

the end of motherhood said...

I'd so much rather shop with you than in person...

Cecily R said...

I don't know how long its been since I've REALLY been shopping...

These are great captures of your day...I am more than a little jealous!

FAB PSF! Hope you come back next week!

Sass E-mum said...

Hi Adrian. A fascinator is weeny headpiece of feathers and other floaty bits and bobs. People wear them instead of hats at weddings and big horseracing events. IDLI.

scrappysue said...

i love the pink shoes miss fascinator is wearing, but i don't get the fridge magnet reference? what am i missing!

Sass E-mum said...

Scrappy, your kids are so grown up. You don't have those pesky fridge magnet letters under your feet any more.

So reassuring to the rest of us to know that once those days are passed, they are wiped from our memory!

sjoois said...

Hi there! Really liked this 'article'... I'm writing for iFly Magazine, the digital magazine from KLM. I was wondering if I can use the image of the Jigsaw-store for my article.

Best regards,
Joyce Bielderman

joyce.bielderman@ilfymagazine.nl