Friday, August 1, 2008

Don't put your daughter on the stage


Do you remember the heady excitement of messing about on an empty stage? I do. The opportunity to know what everything looked like from 'up there' was too good to miss.

I had no idea that Peaches would find it so interesting as well - I thought she'd be too young to clock the significance of a stage. It could have had something to do with running into her daycare playmate who's a year older.

I DID happen to be having a beer while I took these photos, but it wasn't as if a whole line up of acts were waiting to get on stage. Hanging out in an empty marquee was the easiest option for keeping Peaches out of the sun/out of the sea/in my sight.

Every now and then she'd stop running to hold her top out and smile beautifically (is there any other way). That brought her a few cheers from guys passing through the tent on their way to drink beer on the beach.We also had ice cream because she's surprisingly good at eating it (funny that). I don't let her run around with it. Is it the credit crunch or would I always be too stingy to see a good ice cream dropped on the floor? (You decide.)

My mum always tells the story of how I had a tantrum and scrunched up an ice cream when she attempted to turn it around for me. This took place in a full butcher's shop and she insists it was excruciatingly embarrassing. I've learnt from her mistake and don't ever come between a toddler and her cone. No matter how sticky and drippy things get, I leave her to it.
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

14 comments:

Ryanne said...

yeah, kids catch on quickly when it comes to getting attention. And you are so smart to not get between the toddler and the ice cream, I did it once, now I just let him have at it! those are great pictures she is adorable! Great PSF!

scrappysue said...

she is a PEACH!!! gorgeous PSF sass! btw you didn't win my latest giveaway - i was rootin' for ya tho! your other goodies are on the way tho!

Working mum said...

Yes, I know that stage thing. Daughter sees any raised platform as a stage, including our new patio.

Lovely picture, ice cream is the best!

Supercool Hotmama said...

Nothin' like beer and bands to get a girl giddy! (No matter how young.) I'm of the school that says you just lick their hands when they're done.

Amanda said...

I like to let them go for it with the ice cream, too. I can always wash the mess off.
Also, I think she is going to be the next big thing in either beer or entertainment!!

Alexandria said...

What a beautiful little girl! Fantastic pictures!

gigi said...

Awesome pictures Sass! That peaches is a real beauty!

Cecily R said...

I have very distinct memories of the "heady excitement" of an empty stage. I gotta admit, I still feel it sometimes. I just don't act on it like my kids do.

LOVE LOVE that pic of Peach. Just kid pic and PSF perfection!!

JennWasHere said...

cute girl with delicious cone of ice cream!

I also have posted my PSF. You can read it HERE.

Happy Friday!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I love the stage shot! She is very serious about that ice cream! Fun stories.

Susan said...

Kids and ice cream...what a great combination for pictures.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

great pictures..again....l havent been anywhere today..and l have registered for friday photo thingy....and hope to upload some 'interesting pics' soon, or not!

fingers crossed something comes out the camera which is suitable...for my first have a ao moment!!

Robyn said...

LOVE that photo with the ice cream. She is precious. I haven't attempted the ice cream cone yet.

scrappysue said...

i see you're doing the blog rounds. it's a nice feeling to know that we're sitting at our computers on opposite sides of the world. :) happy monday