Friday, August 15, 2008

Irresistable balloons

Guess what. We just keep on having fun.

I took Peaches to a local gallery - only to discover that they had put loads of white balloons into the room. Peaches played for ages while I took lots of photos.

Because she was moving around so much I'd set the camera to sports setting. Unfortunately it was really tricky to get sharp photos. I've been messing around with the photos in iPhoto and its relief that the grainy look at least suits the subject matter.

Photos taken with the flash were a lot punchier, but I wasn't happy at using the flash in a gallery.
It did occur to me that the guy attending the gallery (probably one of the artists) might not have liked me using the place like a playground. I just didn't dwell on that thought for very long.

It's in a building that has a lot of children events going on, so I rationalised that someone was going to play with the balloons eventually and it might as well be Peaches.

And in a latest news update
: Peaches came up with the goods this morning. Very little fuss and straight on to the potty. We weren't allowed to look at her while she was on the job, but overcame her modesty to celebrate her success straight after completion. Later that afternoon, there was an accident while she was out and about, but that was because I didn't move quick enough when she told me she needed the potty. I've got to work on my focus if I'm going to be a potty-training athlete.

11 comments:

Nicol said...

Yea for Peaches and the potty! I understand how hard that is and how exciting (for everyone) it is.

gigi said...

Yeah! Yeah!!!
Good job Peaches!
That's a really cool picture of the gallery full of white balloons and your precious Peach!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Balloons! Fun! Don't worry about the artist - they tend to take themselves too seriously anyway (that's one of the things I learned at art school).

Don't worry... Peaches will have you trained in no time. She'll say potty and you'll RUN. I know I do.

scrappysue said...

sprint pooping could be the next big thing at the olympics, no?

Amanda said...

Wahoo!!! Looks like you are passing the potty training with flying colors. I've always said potty training was more about training the parents than the kids.

Love that picture with all the balloons. Look at you becoming quite the photographer.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Congratulations on the potty training success.

Why would they put balloons there if they weren't to play with?

Casdok said...

Well done Peaches!! :)

SuburbanCorrespondent said...

And then you can come over here and train Susie, okay?

CC said...

Go Peaches!!

Love that top shot!

MamaGeek said...

I think a WOOT is in order for that! Now THAT is a milestone.

And I ADORE that first shot - you must frame it!

imbeingheldhostage said...

That does look like fun-- I would've been torn between taking photos and helping her kick around those balloons. You are an awesome Mom for letting her enjoy herself!
Well done Peaches! Who Hoo!!