Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's my birthday (what kind of freak am I?)

They do it in Waikiki, they do it down on Camber Sands...

It's my birthday and I'm on holiday. Yesterday we went to Camber Sands for lunch with friends, which explains why Peaches was wearing her new party dress on the beach. This is why I'm not posting much this week; it's time to focus on the family.

Recaro has brought me breakfast in bed (hot croissants filled with egg and bacon, since you ask).

What's next? Potty training! I'm seizing this opportunity to stay home and get Peaches out of nappies. I'm such a freak of nature, I'm looking forward to seeing if I can persuade her potty train quickly. So far it's 10am and we are on the third pair of knickers - no stars on the chart yet.

Since it's my birthday, however, I won't wreck this post with too much talk of poo and wee. I will get some grown up fun later on, when we go out with our neighbours for the tasting menu at The Sportsman. If you ever get the chance, it's worth a visit. We'll be having something along the lines of this;

Pork scratchings, bread, home-churned butter (unpasteurized when possible) and Seasalter Sea Salt
Mussel and bacon chowder
Salmagundi
18 month salt cured Seasalter ham
Brill tartare
Braised brill fillet with a smoked herring roe sauce
Roast Monkshill Farm Lamb
Pear ice lolly and ginger cake-milk
Jasmine tea junket and rosehip syrup

If you think any of that sounds weird, believe me, it's going to be fabulously tasty.

6 comments:

gigi said...

Happy Birthday little lady! Hope it is the most wonerful day ever!

Good luck with the potty training!

Nicol said...

I hope your Birthday is very special and filled with everything that you love! Happy Birthday!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! All that food sounds very interesting and very foreign. Maybe you should take some pics at the table... Just tell em it's for your blog.

Working mum said...

Happy Birthday!

Hope the potty training is getting better!

Trish said...

Happy Birthday one strangely lush mother. You and my niece have the same birthday. I don't know why, but I always think it's neat when paople have the same birthday.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

belated happy birthday...l was away...and we are both leos too...as mine was lastweeknd!!

yeah!!