Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colonsay and Torridon: part 1

I'm behind on blogging. There's not enough time to comment like I want to. Recaro is away at a conference for two nights though, so I stand a good chance of catching up, watching some romcom movies and eating really badly.

It's a good job Peaches sleeps well. I could enjoy this.

As promised, here are photos from our holiday to the Island of Colonsay and Torridon in Scotland. I'll skip the photos of the aircraft. If it was a seaplane I'd consider it interesting, but an Airbus 3something doesn't do it for me like it does for Recaro (who takes a photo of the plane EVERY time we go on holiday).

Instead I give you the important photos.

...of Peaches sleeping in a big bed for the first time. We visited friends living near Inverness on our first night and Peaches had to sleep in their 16 year old daughter's bed. She was so tired that she only got out of bed three times before giving in and going to sleep. After a bounce about on the trampoline she put herself back to bed for a morning nap at 10.30am.

Of course, it wasn't all good news. She did wet the bed. Oops. Accidents will happen.

Then Peaches had a massive bump on the head in a shop at Aviemore. She wailed and the bump came up like an egg. Even after the first half an hour her astonishing baby powers of recovery were kicking in. By the time we were on the ferry, it was mostly hidden under her fringe. So long as I didn't take her magic packet of English mustard off her (see, that's not a condom she's holding, k) everything was rosy.

We got to play a bit of golf on a mad golf course. No sheep were harmed during our game. If you are wondering why Peaches doesn't have any trousers on, that's because she wet herself a moment ago. If you'd seen the amount of sheep poo on this course, you'd understand why I was not perturbed by this mishap. Despite a couple of accidents during the week, I still thought she did really well.
Recaro got plenty of time to look up at the birds. Which meant that I decided to take up a new hobby. Identifying mushrooms. Sad isn't it? I had to keep an eye on Peaches so much, I didn't get to look up at the sky too much. So I really did go and buy a book about mushrooms.

Oh yes. One day I will treat you to the delights of my mushroom photo collection. You'll thank me, won't you?
And here's ME. With my eyes shut, because that's usually how Recaro photographs me these days. This is at a picnic site on the road to Diabaig. Sunny Scotland. Don't let anyone tell you it rains all the time.

That's enough for the moment. I get photo-fatigue when uploading to Blogger. More soon, but I've got a romcom to watch and a sneaky beer to drink. Look on it as my bad-girl break from my wifey lifey.

5 comments:

gigi said...

That picture of Peaches sleeping is sooo precious! I love sleeping babies. And I tell you what, that picture of you sitting on the picnic table is awesome! What a perfect background you had. I couldn't even tell you had your eyes closed. Enjoy your alone time!

Amanda said...

That was a gorgeous picture of you on the picnic table. Yes, your eyes were shut but that was the biggest most beautiful smile I've seen on your pretty little face. I think vacationing agrees with you.

scrappysue said...

gorgeous pic - even with the eyes shut! peaches just gets cuter every day!!! i'd love to go back to scotland some day...

Madame Queen said...

Again, I am PEA GREEN with envy. That shot of you at the picnic table is GORGEOUS!

BTW, I always close my eyes in photos too. It's a family joke.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Very nice pictures. Peaches is such a cutie! And you are too... Even with your eyes closed.

Looks like you had a good time. I'm having holiday envy... I'll have to convince Hubby to go away somewhere... Close by and cheap, but somewhere.