Friday, October 3, 2008

Party like you are TWO

A couple of weeks ago Peaches turned two and I knitted (yes, ME, knitted) her a hat and scarf. Needless to say she's refusing to wear it. She's not even going to entertain that idea for a second.

Fortunately, teddy is more obliging and I think he looks very lovely. This was supposed to a be a round, simple baby hat with a stalk at the top. The occasional accidental row of knitting turned it into something more Taliban like... but at least I still managed the stalk.
I'm not very crafty, but at least this attempt does look like a hat (despite a few dropped stitches and a very random take on the instructions).

We started the day with opening cards in kitchen while Recaro made breakfast.
We love a party and invited our good friends and their own small children. There's plenty of time ahead for Peaches to dictate the invitation list. Until, we are loving having friends and their kids over to see us. It's great to be able to chat and not feel awkward about the mayhem going on under our feet.
This was the first time I'd seen Peaches stacking bricks. I was very impressed, but I've got a feeling she might have been doing this for sometime at her childminder's. And what about that dress - isn't that a perfect party dress? Recaro found it at Kent & Carey. He loves shopping for her.

And the wings - a present from Grandma. She didn't take them off all day, until she was given a second pair and had to try them out too.
Recaro also made the cake - it was a bit crispy at the edges because he ignored my advice about the our oven being hotter than average... but no-one minded, it was extremely good. It was a very traditional victoria sponge. We'd had a bit of a bake off and I made an adult pear and almond tart. I'm making that again this weekend it was so good.

We'd also invited an old school friend of mine and our cleaning lady to the party. They were proper guests - but still did all the washing up and cleaned the kitchen at the end. Which is why Recaro and I still look very relaxed at the end of the party.
That might also have had something to do with this.
At least we recycle. How environmentally-friendly.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

19 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday, Peaches!! What a nice party. And you didn't even have to clean up. Lucky you.

Does Peaches just get prettier and prettier every day? What a cutie with that big smile.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Happy Birthday Peaches!! I love the party dress and loved being invited along for a PSF birthday party. Thanks :-)

gigi said...

Happy Birthday little Peahces! I noticed her dress right off and thought how pretty it was. Can't believe her daddy picked it out. Way to go dad! and baked her cake. He's a keeper. I love your family picture. What a beautiful family you have.

Reluctant Housewife said...

What a fun post! I almost feel like I was at the party, too. Peaches is the cutest little party girl ever. Happy birthday!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

happy birthday little lady - fun times looks fun and yummy!

CC said...

Yeah Peaches! I love the dress. Recaro has great taste!

echoeve said...

Happy Peaches Birthday.

What a great dress. I think it is sweet that her daddy bought it for her.

I think all little girls love fairy wings.

Cecily R said...

Happy Birthday Peaches!!!

Look at all her cuteness in her party dress and wings!

At that age, my daughter repeatedly slept in her fairy wings. It always looked so uncomfortable to me, but with her non-conformist sleep record, I didn't argue. :)

Great PSF!

Melissa said...

Great post....You did a great job knitting (wish I could be crafty enough for that)...And I like your type of party!!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to your little Peaches, she truly is a darling!

Working mum said...

You are so clever, I can't knit for toffee. And peaches really suits those wings; I would never take them off. A proper little fairy!
Happy Birthday Peaches.

Weeksie50 said...

Happy Birthday Peaches!

What a cute little one you have..

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

There have been loads of bdays lately. It looks like you had a very happy birthday party. WOW on the recycling front.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Happy Birthday Peaches!!

Daaang she is so cute (as is THAT DRESS) and I must say I'm SO impressed you knit.

scrappysue said...

what a sweet party. for some reason i thought she was 3! it's so cute when they start to stack stuff. you are right to dictate the party list while you can - it all looks so relaxing.

happy birthday peaches!

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Crispy around the edges or not that cake looks divine. YUM! Happy birthday to your beautiful little lady.

Chris said...

Now that's a great idea -- have the guests do the clean up. I really like that plan.

lisaschaos said...

How fun! But wow that's a lot of bottles!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy birthday to your little one!