Friday, October 3, 2008

This is one strangely happy blog

Last weekend we kept the happy vibes going by enjoying the last sunshine of September.

We went for breakfast at Minnis Bay - possibly the nearest sandy beach to Whitstable. There's a cafe on the beach selling breakfast baguettes. But we had to be quick. A small girl was eager to play in the sand.


She played and played and played. (If you look closely you'll see her toes are still pudgy-baby toes.)

Recaro and I played frisbee. It was great to get moving and leap about.

Peaches fell asleep on the way home. Later that afternoon, I took Peaches to the golf club to meet up with Recaro. She practiced her putting and this time she didn't wee on the putting green. But she did insist that that was were she was going to eat her fromage frais. We are so lucky that it's a quiet club. This could cause a ruckus in some places.

However, in breaking news, my slightly slack parenting was met with some success this afternoon. I let Peaches take her tacky pink dolly buggy to the supermarket. I was going to let her walk around the supermarket and would try to keep her engaged and out of trouble while I would attempt to do a 3 or 4 day shop (I knew a full week's shopping would be too ambitious).

And guess what - the constant 'voice of encouragement' or 'motherease' as some people put it, worked. She stayed close, looked where she was going (with some reminders) and 'helped' me by throwing items into the trolley. She did pick up one toy, I didn't tell her off - I expected to get rid of it at the checkout - but then she put it back herself.

We had to queue at the checkout and though she was distracted by the chocolate display, she did put everything back when I asked her. If I'd capitulated, we'd have come home with a kingsize bar of Cadbury's fruit and nut, a box of toffee poppets, kingsize white chocolate kitkat, milky way stars, polos and a yorkie bar.

By the time I was packing up the shopping, she decided to sit down and wait for me on one of those kerb high 'bumpers'.

The only time she really stalled was at the exit. For the first time ever, she showed interest in Barney, the purple dinosaur ride. In the spirit of being a very mean mum and not wanting to set a precedent, I talked her off it. She did deserve a treat... but I wasn't going to give her one.

Instead she had the joy of a happy (or do I mean triumphant? relieved? smug?) me. Now that can't be bad, can it?

15 comments:

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

loverly...I thought that looked familiar but wasnt whitstabubble.. .my mum (moannie) tells me your having great clear skies and lovely days, wit ha bit of a chill laterly..
lve put the heating on today for the first time..and my hubby is due in soon, he says its much to early!! DOH!!

Sass E-mum said...

I think the clear skies might be past now.

I just got the boiler fixed today - just as well, it's getting a bit fresh out there.

scrappysue said...

so cute! love the beach, and lucky we both live to near to one!

imbeingheldhostage said...

you HAD clear skies?! Congrats on the shopping trip, days like those make you remember what a joy it is to have mini people absorbing all of your time, doesn't it.
Lovely beach photos, although looking at them while the wind is whipping through my letter box made me shiver a bit :-)

Reluctant Housewife said...

Yay!

Sounds like a very successful shopping trip. I never let the kids ride on those grocery store kiddy rides either. They sit on them, but I don't put any money in...

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

I so need to live by the beach!!

family affairs said...

Gorgeous photo and supermarket success! The perfect day Lx

The Griffis 4 said...

Very cute of peaches! the beach is beatiful!!! THat sounded like a fun shopping trip!

Working mum said...

You're doing a great job on the shopping front. We're at the stage now where Izzy has her own list when we go to the supermarket - she writes it, she tries to read it, she puts the stuff in 'her part' of the trolley and she packs it in 'her' bag at the end. It's great fun!

gigi said...

Love the beach and peaches playing. Fun Good Times!

SaraLynn said...

i woul dlove to take the kids to the beach. You are so lucky!!

I am amazed about the shopping trip. I would never be so brave as to let my son down......he would be all over the place.

My daughter was good about staying with me....is it just that boys are different?

LifeBehindTheCoach.com said...

ah how beautiful is she? What a proud mum you must be!

Miriam said...

Oh, the pudgy baby toes on the beach. I love it.

Casdok said...

What a great photo of footprints! Love it!

ed said...

A片,A片,A片,A片,A片,A片情趣用品,情趣,A片,AIO,AV,AV女優,A漫,免費A片,AIO交友愛情館,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人貼圖,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天

麻將,台灣彩卷,六合彩開獎號碼,運動彩卷,六合彩,線上遊戲,矽谷麻將,明星3缺一,橘子町,麻將大悶鍋,台客麻將,公博,game,,中華職棒,麗的線上小遊戲,國士無雙麻將,麻將館,賭博遊戲,威力彩,威力彩開獎號碼,龍龍運動網,史萊姆,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆第一個家,史萊姆好玩遊戲區,樂透彩開獎號碼,遊戲天堂,好玩遊戲,遊戲基地,無料遊戲王,好玩遊戲區,麻將遊戲,好玩遊戲區,小遊戲,遊戲區,電玩快打,cs online情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,A片,AIO交友愛情館,AIOAV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,本土自拍,自拍,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,色情影片,情色網,色情網站,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人文章,成人小說,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,中部人聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,苗栗人聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,情色論壇,色情影片,色情網站,微風成人區,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,免費A片,自拍,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室情趣用品,情趣,情趣商品,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情小說,情色小說,情色文學,色情,做愛,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,色情影片,情色網,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,18成人,成人影城,成人圖片,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人小說,成人電影,麗的色遊戲,自拍,A片,AV女優,AV,A漫,視訊交友網,視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,UT聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,哈啦聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園