Friday, November 7, 2008

PSF something I did because it was fun for me


One of the reasons I've not been blogging regularly is that I've been going out to have fun. I took a day off work recently to go and play golf with Recaro and some friends.

Peaches didn't get to take the day off. She had to go and work hard on the play dough, the glitter and the dancing about with ribbons in her hands. It was tough day for her, but she pulled through just fine.

Meanwhile, I played a round in 118. Bearing in mind my target was to play under 120, I was very happy, even if everyone else did beat me.

The sun shone and the links course at Littlestone was fantastic.

I did feel mean for having fun with Peaches. But on the other hand, I did feel a great sense of release afterwards. It was so good to have concentrate and focus on something else without wondering whether Peaches was going to pour water on the floor, run into the road or fall down some stairs.

Recaro had originally wanted to do this on a Friday - a day when we DON'T have childcare lined up. He felt a bit pushed around when I said that wasn't a great idea. We'd have to make alternative plans and I'd only worry that it wasn't working out as well as with the childminder.

So I learnt two lessons from this experience:
  • Taking time off now and then to do something grown up and fun is good for my head
  • Mother knows best about childcare plans or in other words, I'm always right and that's the truth.
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

13 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

I absolutely agree with doing some time off most especially about mothers knows best! Looks like a fun day out you had!

Earth

Cecily R said...

Oh, I'm so glad you took some time for yourself!! It really can make all the difference in your attitude, can't it!

Brandy said...

Its always nice to have a day to play! I rock some Tiger Woods golf I wonder if its that easy in real life ... lol.

Casdok said...

Good for you!!

CC said...

Lesson 1: of course!

Lesson 2: D'uh!!

Lulu said...

Congratulations on your 118 - no idea what it means, but it sure sound good. I want to learn how to play golf but right now I'm perfectly ignorant about it.

Yay for time off to do grown-up stuff. It's necessary, I think... I'm sure Peaches had a great day AND a nice relaxed Mommy afterward.

Love the golf photo of you.

gigi said...

Time and fun away from the children always helps you come back with a clear head. Good for you.

And by the way in the post above you have lovly eyes.

Michelle said...

If you don't go out and have fun then you won't have anything to blog about. :)

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Good for you that you did something fun for you. Very important for moms. :)

Chris said...

I like a woman who is so self assured!
Nice job on the 118!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You have to have grownup time to be the best mom you can be--yet we do still feel a bit guilty.

Shellie said...

COol! Mama does know best :) Time off is so refreshing, isn't it?

scrappysue said...

i don't think i would enjoy golf, but it certainly looks like YOU did!