Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The sleeping game

How comes Peaches never plays the sleeping game with me? She's taken Recaro by the hand several times now, led him to be and told him to sleep. As he snuggles under the covers, she pads his eyes closed and says, 'Sleep now'.

Okay, so she dashes in and out of the room, jiggling the door handle in a very scary fashion. But there he is - tucked up in bed, having a cosy lie down.

What I get, is Peaches dragging the duvet off me at 6.30am and commanding that I 'Get up now'.

Mind you, the latest sleep games have involved Recaro being put to sleep under a tea towel. This afternoon, his comfort shrank to the size of duster. Yeah. See how you like that.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I could play the sleeping game. I would love for one of the kids to tuck me in.
Isn't it funny the things that kids come up with? And they want to be bigger than they are so badly, don't they?

Working mum said...

I think it's a daddy game; mummy very rarely get any peace/cuddles/kisses in this house. Just "Can we make ......?"

Last night daughter came into our room in the middle of the night and asked me for a cuddle. Very unheard of. I took my chance, let her in with me and she promptly fell asleep. Was just basking in overwhelming love for gorgeous creature when husband shouted, "Right, young lady, time to go back to your own bed!" Spoilsport!