Monday, November 3, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by Working mum on the verge and because I have a shoddy record for responding to tags and to blogging in general, I thought I should deal as soon as possible.

(A) Four places I go over and over: Tea & Times for breakfast! cake! coffee! banana milkshake! Sainsbury's - every weekend is a challenge to not go to a supermarket. The Fountain - either because I'm looking for Recaro (think of it as Moe's Bar...) or it's the only place we can think to go for a treat. The fabulous childminder's - drop off and collect Peaches. I love the little chats at the start and end of the day about what Peaches has done, learnt or is about to do next.

(B) Four people who e-mail me regularly: You are talking to someone who uses a Blackberry for work. My regular emails are from the Information Manager who tells me what work is coming up. Then there's the Marketing Co-ordinator who always finds tricky little questions about grammar, syntax and spelling for me to give the 'definitive' answer. Yes - between us, we are writing the book on correct use of business English. The partner who's very important and is always asking me to just do something else. Finally - last but not least - there's my mother. She has a weird knack for emailing me really bizarre emails with lots and lots of people's names in the 'To' list. I have to confess, I don't always open them - it involves too much scrolling through all the forwarded e-mails. But at least I know how my email address gets into junk mail lists...

(C) Four of my favourite places to eat: The Sportsman, The Goods Shed, Jo Jo's and Tea & Times. If ever you visit Canterbury, Whitstable or anywhere in Kent - you MUST go to all these places.

(D) Four places you'd rather be: The Dingle peninsula in Ireland - it has one of the most fun and beautiful golf courses at Castlegregory and lots of fun pubs. Aeolian Islands in Sicily, Italy - completely romantic, pretty destination. California - never been there... but keep thinking about it. Samling Hotel in the Lake District - it's the most justifiably expensive, comfortable place I've ever stayed.

(E) Four TV shows I could watch over and over: Doctor Who, Buffy, Boston Legal,

(F) Four people I think will respond: Aaaaargh. Tagging! Here goes, Amanda, Gigi, Madame Queen and Imbeingheldhostage. Just like Working Mum, I'm not going to mail people - let's just see if they call in.

8 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

THAT was sneaky! I was just reading along enjoying myself and then BAM!

Actually, thanks for tagging me, I'm like you and bad about putting it off so I'll do it right now and schedule it to come up saturday (I have two posts sitting in scheduler).

So I'm curious, how do you feel about all of YOUR news covering OUR elections?

Jennywenny said...

Yup, california is great, so great that I decided to move here nearly 7 years ago. Hope you make it over here sometime!

scrappysue said...

buffy??? now i see you in a whole different light hehe. dr who - he's our man. we love dr who is our house. great tag - now i feel hungry!

Amanda said...

Sounds good. I'll get right on that.
I could use a little help with the english language right now. That Jane Austen is one confusing lady. Whew.
I was a little sad to see that Georgia wasn't on the list. Maybe it was number 5.

Madame Queen said...

Oh good! A meme. Just when I posted about my brain being too tired to come up with anything tonight. I'll do it tomorrow!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

well lets book up for coffee/tea and you showing me the vintie shop....

l'll be down on 10/12 until 15/12, just not sure if l'm driving or coming by train..

one day l will open one in Herne Bay...

gigi said...

Thanks a lot little mama!

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

For a very brief second it looked like we might live in Kent....and then it was gone. I would love to go to your places sometime.