Friday, November 21, 2008

These boots are made for walking

I've been knitting. So far I've made two presents. As an experiment in following a pattern, I also attempted to make a third present of baby booties. Peaches discovered the pre-felted booties and decided they made excellent slippers. I'm going to have to put a sole on these so that she doesn't fall over.

I've since put them in the machine and they've fulled, but not fully felted. I just put them in our regular 30 degree wash, so this is what I expected. After all, I've ruined enough jumpers to know that water doesn't have to be 80 degrees to wreck a jumper.

Aren't they cute? Lindiloo is holding a Christmas knitting event this weekend at Tardis House, 122 Island Wall, Whitstable, 11am to 3pm on Saturday and Sunday. I have a sneaky feeling I'll be buying some stone coloured aran to make gift booties.

The pattern is from Essential Baby by Debbie Bliss.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

8 comments:

Juliana RW said...

oh...so cute...

My PSF entry this week : in HERE. Hope you have time to visit . Thanks

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

So cute!! I wish I was that creative!

Reluctant Housewife said...

They're really great! I'm working felted Christmas ornaments for gifts. They're a lot of work... but it's going well so far.

Peaches looks so big in that picture! They grow up so fast.

Chris said...

Very nice booties.
That just sounds wrong.

Working mum said...

You are too talented. I never got the hang of knitting. Sewing is my thing. Peaches does look cute in them, but then she looks cute in anything!

scrappysue said...

i swear she gets cuter every day! oh by the by, did i mention we're coming to the uk next year?

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Those are darling!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

cutie bootie!!