Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Christmas Tree Gang

So there's this little girl...



who after several parties, eats too much of the sweet stuff and is sick in the night. Perhaps it wasn't just the sweet stuff, maybe she picked up a bug along the way.

Anyhoo, I go off to London for a full day's work (that's the 6.44am train BTW) and Recaro wakes up with Ellie at the leisurely time of 7.20am (unheard of in these parts). He discovers she's been sick and realises that she's sufficiently out of sorts to go to the childminder.

He's at home, she's at home. He washes the sicky bedsheets. He cleans up her wee - she's lost all sense of focus for potty-time. He cleans up her poo. Poor dab, he's never had to do that before.

He DOES find time to complain to me on the phone. I utter the sweet words of reassurance that he's in charge and must decide what to do.

They nestle down in the big bed and watch Cbeebies (baby TV - no adverts, lots of crafty stuff and signing). She whispers to him (who is hungover and didn't really mind being in bed) 'I love you, heart'.

'I love you' he says. And realises what a great day it's been.

To date, Peaches has NOT declared her love for her mummy. Hmmph. My time WILL come.

7 comments:

scrappysue said...

adorable! (not the sick bit) christmas really is for kids, isn't it?

hope she's feeling better now

Working mum said...

Yes, your time will come. I've waited four and a half years, but this week Izzy said she loved me this much (about 5cm) more than she loved daddy. I said she should love us both the same, but inside I was going "Yessssss!"

Hope Peaches is feeling better now. Izzy was sick last night as well, I think it's a bug.

gigi said...

Hope things are better by now and that yall have a Wonderful Christmas. (but you know she loves you best)

gigi said...

Merry Christmas little lady. Hope it's wonderful!

Casdok said...

Yes your time will come. Even though C dosnt speak its the way he looks into my eyes.
Merry christmas!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

Happy new year!

Please Pop over to my new years eve post...you may like it...

gigi said...

Here's to you and your's wishing you a very blessed New Year! Love ya.