Friday, December 12, 2008

A little bit of giving and receiving this Advent

Christmas just came early. I have three parcels waiting at the post office to collect - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that one of them is my calendar from Sue.

There was also a parcel left at our front door today while I was at work. It's not for me of course. It's for Ellie, it's huge and its from Marks & Spencer so I'm optimistic about it being something nice. How sweet that someone's got it delivered direct to the small girl. I'll open it up when Richard gets home - in the hope that it might be gift wrapped inside but at least with a note to say who it's from.

But that's not the only bit of happiness during Advent. No siree. Reluctant has given me an award. Thank you - it's made me very happy.


I love it when the award comes with some clear criteria - and this one sums up the type of blogger I always wanted to be:
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
I am very pleased to pass this award on to eight of my favourite regular reads - although I must confess that I don't comment as much as I'd like to:

Imbeingheldhostage at In the gutter
Madame Queen
Nicole at Classy and sophisticated
Casdok at Mother of Shrek
Saz at Fat Frumpy & Fifty
Gigi at Afterthoughts Be sure to try her recipes. She makes a mean texan sheet cake.
Laski Gal at From the cheap seats - I still feel a pang of envy from the day she quit work...
Mellipop at BabyBlog - I've just realised I'm on her blog roll. Cool.

If you've not read any of these before, take a look. I'm sure you'll find something you like.

7 comments:

Reluctant Housewife said...

I love parcels! Have fun opening them and make sure to let all of your nosy readers know what's in them!

Eduardo said...

Wow and thanks for the award! Have fun opening your packages.

Nicol said...

Oh dear, I guess noticed that I am signed in under my dh (Eduardo). But thanks the same!

scrappysue said...

cool huh? i really should pass mine on!!!

Casdok said...

I too love parcels!!

Congrats on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

Wow thanks SAss...sorry we didn't meet up...another time?

Love this award, so pretty and the thought behind it makes me feel very honoured and light and fluffy!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

wow. I so suck. I was trying to catch up on the emails I received during the move preparations I am so sorry I am just now saying thanks!!!

Congrats on your award, people like you who deserve this!