Friday, December 12, 2008

She's not grumpy, she's my baby

It's okay, Peaches didn't get sent to jail.


Peaches was having a sleep in the car. After an hour, I thought enough's enough - we are going shopping. Only thing is, she wanted more than an hour's sleep.

She slept her whole way round the supermarket and I stashed the week's shopping around her. She even slept through me pulling the reusable shopping bags out from underneath her when we we got to the checkout.

I thought she was sweet for sleeping, but more than a few old ladies thought I was bonkers for not letting her sleep somewhere more comfortable. What would you have done?
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

11 comments:

gigi said...

I LOVE it how children can just sleep through anything, except when we really WANT them to go to bed. Cute pictures.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

ha h a- The exact same thing - we have stuff to do!!

Izzy 'N Emmy said...

Okay, great PSF!! But I have a story to tell you right quick.

I had gone out one day with my Izzy. We had to run to the grocery store. We were only in there a mere 5 minutes before she began her whole " I need my baba" to go to sleep mode. i scooted quickly through the aisles and before you know it, Izzy fell asleep leaning back in the FRONT/TOP part of the cart. Neck strained back and arms flailed to the side.

The nerve some people have. Some people came right up to me and said I needed to be quick so I could take her out the cart.

Kids, okay MY KIDS, will sleep anywhere, any position, and at mysterious times. Oh the photos I have. LOL!

Thanks for sharing your story. If she was too uncomfy to sleep she would have woken up but I bet the motion of the cart and lull of the store kept her at peace.

Honey Mommy said...

Sometimes a Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do! Otherwise how would we ever get anything done?

Kimber said...

I would have done the exact same thing.

scrappysue said...

a mum's gotta do what a mum's gotta do! kids are incredibly resilient too!

The Dotterel said...

What you did, definitely!

Working mum said...

That's brilliant! If she was sleeping she was comfy - I would have done the shopping.

Reluctant Housewife said...

I would and have done exactly the same thing!

Amanda said...

You're a busy mum. And nothing like a boring trip to the grocery store to put a baby to sleep. By the time you got home she would have been over it. I promise.

scrappysue said...

LOOKIE - my blogger problem is fixed - WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!