Monday, March 2, 2009

This week I've been mostly

Moved... by the sad news of Ivan Cameron. I don't want to sound like I'd judge any parent for the love of their child or the dignity of their mourning, but I was relieved and pleased that Primeminister's Question Time was cancelled this week as a mark of respect.

Irritated... by the lousy parking on double white lines. Even where this is permissible by disabled parking permits I don't see why this has to be so close to junctions. Grrr.

Underwhelmed... by my fitness. I ran, walked, ran walked but couldn't get into the rhythm of a run. At least I got out.

Heartened... by the sunshine and the lengthening days. There was still daylight when I got off the train at 5.30pm last week. Summer's on the way.

Proud... of Peaches. She behaved excellently in church this Sunday. No running around, sitting with us to eat her toast (with Nutella. I'd sit still for that.) and then playing with playdough to the end of the service. Angelic.

Tired... but thankful that I get to work at home. It was a great weekend and a bit of time at home is giving me the chance to continue getting the house in shape for my Dad's visit next weekend.

3 comments:

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

I think this is a great idea for a meme...so may l borrow it..and tweak it? As I have a lot to say dunno know how to put it in a post so this will distract me from My LIFE!!!

gigi said...

Loved the way this post went. Likey, likey! And Peaches will always be precious.

scrappysue said...

this would be a great friday fragments post!!!