Sunday, May 17, 2009

Recaro: holiday super hero

We recently took a week off work to go to the Isle of Mull. Recaro did a great job of pre planning what we would eat, preparing a cool box of treats (from steak to cherry chocolates) and finding the last superstore before the ferry.

All this foodie preparation meant that once we arrived at our remote farmyard cottage, we wouldn't have to trek out to any of the island's understocked corner shops. They are good for tins and frozen stuff, but for some reason despite the wealth of sheep and cows on the hillsides, there's precious little local produce in the shops.

Recaro also made sure Peaches had a bag of beach toys (we did get some sunshine) and a Shrek DVD for rainy weather.

My contribution? While - I packed clothes for me and Peaches and made sure I got home from work in time to jump in the car for our overnight drive from Kent to Lancaster and on to the Scottish highlands and islands the next morning.

And I made this splendid robot outfit out of a wine box and an egg carton. Over the course of the week, we added switches, dials and antennae.

Who says I'm not crafty?

6 comments:

scrappysue said...

VERY crafty indeed! the scottish isles - how fun - photos please!!!

Working mum said...

Wow, long drive! So did you see Ballamory then?

imbeingheldhostage said...

VERY impressive. Can you make an Eiffel Tower out of paper clips?

Reluctant Housewife said...

That's one of the things I love about little kids - nothing is more fun than a cardboard box.

Cute pictures. Very nice robot costume.

Hullaballoo said...

We have often spoken of going to Mull, I know it's beautiful there. What a great idea to have some gorgeous foodie treats with you.

Working mum said...

Award over at my place. And I promise that we'll meet up next time I go to London!