Friday, May 15, 2009

The wanderer returns

Woah - life just tipped out of balance. My job is mostly about business development, writing bids, preparing presentations, that sort of thing. Since everyone's chasing all the work they can right now. Despite my success in hanging on to a four-day week, I have found myself working on the laptop on the train to and from work. It's not a good look - I'd far rather read or sleep. I'm also spending more time in London - but without finding the time to go window shopping. Where's the fun in that?

I don't mean this to sound 'woe is me'. The challenge of it all is interesting - I just needed to cut myself some slack and blogging was what had to go. (For some reason, Recaro thought I should keep some spare time for chatting to him - he's demanding like that...)

But today is different. After a fun Friday morning of taking Peaches cycling and to a drama class, she's now sleeping (yay for the early afternoon nap!) and I have time to blog.

It's like catching up with an old friend. I've been wondering what you've all been up to. Does one particular mummy blogger out there still have 'bathroom ceramics' in her back garden? Is another working mum managing to stay healthy while working, blogging, singing and creating avators? Has a certain Kiwi managed to take a photo of her family without at least one of her daughters mugging at the camera? How are sales going for Canadian crochet?

Excuse me for a moment while I remind myself how long it takes to upload photos to Blogger.

5 comments:

Working mum said...

Great to have you back. I've just got through a busy period where I felt it would be manageable if I just didn't require sleep!

Joby said...

I have been following your blog quite recently and really missed your posts. Its good to know you are ok, tired probably but ok.
I agree London and no shopping is not good at all.

gigi said...

Good to hear from you and to see that you are still working and just really busy. Missed ya.

scrappysue said...

awwwwww - so nice to be missed, coz we sure missed YOU!!! love the pictures and hearing and yorkshire

welcome back!!!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Hi there! I'm also taking an unexplained, unscheduled blog break. Life has picked us up, shook us around, smacked us back and forth across the face a few times and set us back down mostly unharmed - shaken but unharmed. We've had a sudden and complete change of plans. I'll blog about it all soon.

Nice to see you. Glad you had a nice day with Peaches the adorable and that you found time to say a quick hello. xoxo heart ya.