Monday, October 5, 2009

Too quiet for school



Yesterday Peaches got sick. She had one of those deep, nasty, croupy coughs. She also lost her voice. Fortunately with some day time cough medicine and a bed time dose of baby paracetamol we all had a good night's sleep.

Today, she's staying home with me while I attempt to meet a number of work deadlines. It's all working pretty nicely, because although she's not well enough for nursery school, she can't speak loud enough to interrupt my work calls.

The worst she can do is rock up to me while I'm on the phone to whisper, 'Is that the doctor?'

I've even let her do some handpainting. It didn't start off as handpainting of course. I supplied brushes. Things just didn't work out that way.
Fortunately, we've done enough painting for her to know the rules.

'HANDS ON THE PAPER. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE.'

I got away with it. All is calm and I'm going to take a lunch break now.

On Saturday, Recaro wasn't so lucky. Peaches 'helped' him clean the car. Need I even type the words... he got soaked.


Finally, here's a warning for Sue and Mr Scrappy who will be HERE, this Saturday. When travelling through rail stations, watch out for the tickly barriers. We think she means ticket barriers, but maybe she knows something we don't.

5 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Tickly barriers? Dang, I've never seen those. I wish you had the soaked Recaro picture to post :-)
That croupy stuff has come to our house to play too. We're all trudging through it, but I'm expecting at least two of us to go down before Kyleigh's bday on saturday (it's almost like a law that it has to happen). Hope Peaches is feeling better soon!
PLEASE post about your visit with Sue-- facebook or tweet or something when you have time between the laughter.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You are a brave, brave woman. It looks like you made being sick a little bit fun.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

..and so were they do al the neighbours cars also..or do you have a car fetish?

Working Mum said...

If you make sick days so much fun, she won't want to go back to school! My mum used to make us stay in our rooms with no amusements. We rarely had a day off sick!

Seriously, hope she's better now and back to her old mithering self!

scrappysue said...

hehe - can she please have washed her hands before we hug her on saturday????? can't wait! 10.33 train - sis has given us some spare oyster cards and will buy tix 2u tomorrow for sat.