Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The hardest button to button

Can you help me?

I've knitted a scarflette (a neck warmer) as a present for a very chic friend. She's a tidy sort of woman - small and neat - and I think she'll like the idea of a neck warmer instead of a long scarf.

Plus it's quick to knit so it's a winning present idea.

I've raided the button box and found some options, but I can't decide which buttons to give up. I don't want to make a mistake in giving away our lushest buttons (the button box actually belongs to Recaro - but what's his is mine, right?).

First up - flat, slightly pearlised dark buttons with two holes.

Pale tortoiseshell four hole buttons.

Or leathery-looking rounded buttons with a cross.
Leave a comment to help me decide. Thanks for the help.

9 comments:

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

I prefer the look of the third set of buttons...but wonder if they would be a bit too chunky on the neck. If not to heavy l'm sure they'll be fine. Or lse the tortoise shell ones...

lovely! I love knitting very theraputic...l should take it up again.

scrappysue said...

#1 - DEF not #3 - cute! how's that vest coming?

imbeingheldhostage said...

I liked the first ones but couldn't take my eyes of the 3rd ones-- then you put them on the scarflet and I thought "maybe the first ones... maybe the 3rd ones..."

THIS is why my husband won;t take me to a restaurant anymore.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Hmmm... They all have pluses.

I think my least favourite are the 1st ones - they look too small to me. But FFF has a point - small might be better for a neckie.

I like the way the second set blend in a bit, but still look pretty.

I like the third ones, but they're kind of masculine.

You've done a lovely job on it! I love the cables.

Jennywenny said...

I really like #1

See what you get when you ask? More confusion!

I like the dark grey...

PS way cool on knitting your own prezzies!

little red hen said...

The third set suits the chunky cableyness of the scarf. The first ones don't seem strong enough.

I've been enjoying your blog for awhile but have never commented.

scrappysue said...

are you wishing you hadn't asked now?

whitstable part deux is up!!!

Working Mum said...

The first ones, the pearlised. Very neat and trendy, too. And this is from the women that spent 20 minutes in the haberdashery section of John Lewis choosing buttons for my daughter's cardigan that my mum had knitted.

Primary Work at Home said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.