Friday, January 22, 2010

Notice anything different?

Life has been busy lately. The old look of my blog didn't reflect how I was feeling anymore, so I've stripped it down to the basics, while I set about re-discovering my blogging mojo.

I'll blog about what I'm doing and will be focusing on the stuff that makes me happy and proud. Simple things. Like taking Peaches to the bakery, buying a loaf of bread and not buying her doughnut. The challenge of healthy eating is not as easy as I thought it might be...

And I won't be blogging regularly. I'm doing too much working, mothering, knitting and trying to find time to drink a cup of tea for that to happen. Did I mention the knitting? I love that stuff. There's something OCD about the repetitive stitches and the desire for even tension that tells me other things in life (like work) must be out of balance.

After a spate of random anonymous comments, I've put up email verification to keep the nutters and spammers at bay. Sorry about that, but I bet you can understand why. I shouldn't think it will help me attract readers - but this blog was never about being commercial.

8 comments:

Nicol said...

I'm glad to see that your back. I think we all understand some of the more important things in life besides blogging. I am torn between blogging more and doing more productive things. Besides, I love the posts about everyday life!

I understand about the verification on comments. I've had a lot of spamming lately so I've had to monitor all comments.

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

glad to see you are back in the saddle, had been wondering if anything was wrong, but just busy is ok...l shall stop worrying, as l do...

take care , like the clean new look...

saz x

Working Mum said...

Was wondering where you'd got to! I guess life does take over the blogging sometimes - he he he! Glad you are still enjoying life with Recaro and Peaches. Looking forward to more about the doughnuts!

Reluctant Housewife said...

Hi! Redesigning your blog yourself - way to go! I love doing that. I get obsessed with getting it to look just the way I want. So obsessed, actually, that I had to give it up cold turkey. I decided the blogs were fine for now.

I have to design a personal webpage for one of my classes so I'm going to get my web design fix that way.

Crochet has fallen to the wayside since I started school. I just don't have time for everything I used to do. I did crochet everyone's Christmas gifts this year, though. That was hectic! I finished school and had 1 week to crochet stuff for everybody. Why do I do these things to myself I wonder? Oh well, it went well in the end and everyone loved their stuff.

And why am I babbling on about myself? blah blah blah.

Lovely to see you again!

Hullaballoo said...

Sorry to hear you have been getting nutty commenters, I will try to be sane in mine lol. I know what you mean about being busy and I NEVER finish a cup of tea, it is a standing joke. I hope January is passing quickly for you, it has a habit of dragging its coat hear in Scotland. Oh and happy new year to you and your family.

hulla

xx

imbeingheldhostage said...

I so get that-- what is with the spam lately? I'm just glad you're back, even if it's not regular :-)

scrappysue said...

i like it! don't leave it too long between posts tho! ill miss ya!

Fat, frumpy and fifty... said...

please please tell me your knitting links...l want to join a group but cant find an evening one...so ma start my own...
logged onto

stitch ' bitch...love the name!! and so may start up...have you any interesting links for moi to follow??

i have searched your blog knowing you posted some before, but got distracted again by our shopping trip...that was such fun!!