Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Getting the hang of it...

... comment moderation that is. Thank you for your comments. It seems that in my redesign, I'd lost the email connection to any comments.

I thought I had none.

I thought all my pals had disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Fortunately I eventually crept back in to see what was going on. Thank you for being so much more reliable and 'there' than me.

So I'm back. And this time with news. The house by the sea went on the market a couple of weeks ago and today we have accepted a full asking price offer. We've also had our offer on a five bedroomed place in the countryside accepted.

What we give up in terms of the beach, we'll make up for with space, rooms and a bit more space. Plus it'll still be quiet - no street lights so we'll even see stars at night. Apparently we'll hear nightingales in the woods.

If anyone would like to chip in with their tips for packing and moving, please fire away. Right now, we have plans to pack a few boxes every weekend so that when we move in May/June it won't be too much of a big deal.

Peaches is up to speed with the move. She repeats facts like, 'We've put our house on the market', but will also tell my mother in law that 'We are moving and we are never going to see you again.'

I promise that I have NEVER so much as hinted at that thought. Babes, huh? They get you in trouble all the time.

6 comments:

Heather said...

oh the things they pick up, not that i'm suggesting for one minute that you might have uttered those words about your MIL, you understand, ahem.

scrappysue said...

wahoo - how exciting! 5 bedrooms? that means when we come to stay again, you won't have to give up your bed!!! talk on skype!!!

Hullaballoo said...

There are some very good websites which advise on packing and moving. Often removal firms have a section which helps you plan.

Reluctant Housewife said...

Congratulations on all the real-estate stuff! Moving is not fun, but I hope once you're settled in your new place that it'll be perfect.

Working Mum said...

Whoa! Packing? No, no, no. Get the removal company to do your packing. Only costs about £50 and they will pack everything for you in one morning and insure everything against breakages. I was so impressed with our removal company. Not a single piece of china or crystal was chipped or cracked. Which is more than I can say about husband's washing of items at Christmas!

btw Congratulations on selling your house and finding a perfect one to move to. Lots of blog posts about it, please!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Wow-- how exciting!! I'm dying to know where you are relocating to :-)
I'd really be torn between the sea and the country but 5 rooms and nightingales would make it a lot easier.
I'm like you, I start packing right away. I like to be organized and it gives me time to clear out the stuff that doesn't need to move. I keep a small notebook telling me what's gone into boxes and I don't tape them shut until the time gets closer. Each box is marked with the room it will go in and a brief description of the contents.
Go ahead, say it, I know what you're thinking.... ;-) Congratulations!