Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Moving story starts here

It's so long since I've written here, that I barely remember my way back into blogland. Life has been moving fast (even if house moving is sloooww) but at last I've started to think 'I should blog that' again.

Like when Peaches told me about dialling 999 and asking for the hairdresser. I'm sure some people have their stylists on speed dial but I don't. Maybe that's what she was trying to tell me.

While we are on the subject of hair, I should confess that I have been reading a few blogs. Which led to me cutting a fringe into my hair like a particular West Coast blogger. No photos, that's all I'm saying. I've put the scissors away now. It's safer that way.

Somehow I've managed to cut my fringe (that's bangs to some of you) in a way that emphasises how much hair I have on the rest of my head. I look like an out of control Farrah Fawcett according to Recaro.

To bring anyone who's interested up to speed with the house move, the provisional date is 14 May. We've not exchanged contracts yet though we think things are moving forward well enough. (Though our vendor's solicitors have lost the deeds. And breathe. Relax. That's what the Land Registry is for.)

Since Recaro and I are both control freaks (seemingly relaxed but actually with a checklist a mile long) we are packing ourselves. We are beginning to surround ourselves with boxes. I'm already regretting this strategy. I should listen to Working Mum who told me to let the removal company do it. The thing is - I can't bear the thought of leaving it until the last week. I'd be terrified that we'd get to the moving date and the removal company cancelling on us.

Bring me another box now! Must pack more stuff.

5 comments:

Sue said...

WM is right - get the moving company to do it - you're quite mad. having said that, i wish you well!!! and welcome back!

Jennywenny said...

Good luck with the move. I regretted having the moving company pack our stuff. Every jar of olives packed up in paper, then the oil with the spout and no lid packed on its side, leaking all over the place. It just seemed excessively expensive and wasteful on packaging, so I'm doing it myself this time....

Reluctant Housewife said...

Good luck with the move! They're always hard, but I hope yours will be relatively stress-free.

I think you'd look nice with a fringe/bangs.

imbeingheldhostage said...

You'll be ok-- especially if you both are list freaks. Wait, I think I remember threatening with divorce after the last move... ;-)

Wish I could help!

Maybe I would drive over for a photo of the Farrah fringe.

Working Mum said...

Oh Sass, I hope you don't find it too stressful packing yourself. Make sure you get lots of packing stuff and boxes from your removal company and DON'T FILL BOXES TOO MUCH that they are too heavy to lift! Good luck, WM x