Friday, April 9, 2010

You macaroni cheese boy

Here's some more knitting. Isn't that lovely? All my own work.

Peaches looks very sweet, but she can snap. In her frustration she comes up with fantastic insults and swear words.

On various occasions, she's told Recaro that she's 'not his kicking football!' and that 'ugh... you macaroni cheese boy!'

Last night she told him, 'I'm NOT your raspberry'.

When I told her that she couldn't paint her nails, she told me the following story:

'I don't want a mummy. I just want my daddy.

'When I was a little girl - in Africa - my mummy DIED. I just had my daddy. His name is Scrotley. He has big muscles and he paints HIS nails with BOY VARNISH.'

I have no idea what I should learn from this, but at least she's not reading my mind and picking up all the bad words that run around my head when I'm the one feeling frustrated.

6 comments:

gigi said...

She has grown so much and is as beautiful as ever!

Kids say the funiest thing and she's right on track :)

Reluctant Housewife said...

Beautiful knitting! Beautiful little girl, too... She's getting so big and all that long hair!

'boy varnish' hee hee hee. too funny.

Nicol said...

Love the sweater! You did a fantastic job on it! You have to love the things children pick up and say. I'm just starting to experience that with Olivia. :)

Belgravia wife - sort of said...

I'm painfully left handed and knitting if I recall from school sent me into painful seizures. All three of my children received the most lovely hand knitted cashmere blankets from God Grandmother in California - I was so humbled I swore I would have another go - I haven't yet. She looks lovely.

My two and a half year old daughter likes to recite the full cast list from Star Wars that her big brothers have taught her to provide comedic relief.....xx

imbeingheldhostage said...

Hah! She's a hoot :-) I really love a strong, independent thinking girl...except when she's living in my house. We seriously need to get our girls together :-)

scrappysue said...

her hair is getting so long! aren't you clever :)