Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New house: my feet have never felt better

We are in the new house. Today - five days later - we finally got the telephone and broadband connection sorted out, so I can blog about it.

In short - it's brilliant. The house has stacks of space. There are three rooms that are currently empty - guest beds are on order for two of them. The garage is organised and Recaro is delighted with his workshop. The washing machine is plumbed in. The garden is lovely. The sun is SHINING.

We've taken a week off work to get a few things organised - like order a new wood burner, book a chimney sweep and visit kitchen and bathroom showrooms.

And my feet? Well as part of Peaches' sleepover with her 'aunt and uncle', she observed the chiropodist in action on her uncle's gnarly feet. Since then, she's been giving me foot massages. She's pretty good - mixing up big firm strokes with pulling at each toe. I nearly fell asleep until I remembered I was supposed to be putting HER to bed.

I'm blissed out. Which is why I've not got the chickens yet.

5 comments:

scrappysue said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! that is so cool! so which is my room?

gigi said...

Congratulations on the new home! I know how excited ou must be :)

Nicol said...

I'm so glad that you're in your new house and happy! Post pics when you can. I would love to hear about all the fun things you are going to do!

Working Mum said...

I've been wondering how you've got in your new house. Sounds great!

PS I've been teaching my daughter to give me shoulder massages - is it child labour? ;)

imbeingheldhostage said...

How awesome-- the house and the free foot massages :-) You sound blissfully happy and that makes me happy.