Peaches is having a birthday party this Saturday. For a while, this filled me with dread. There seemed to be so much to do for two hours of shrieking girl-fest. Then reality dawned....
- Sainsbury's are delivering our shopping.
- I've ordered presents and decorations on line.
- I have bought ready made icing to go on ready made fairy cakes. Yeah. Bite me.
- A friend is making a gorgeous chocolate fudge cake.
- Recaro has ordered helium for balloons.
- Recaro has ordered wine for the parents.
- Recaro has bought a new swishy party dress for Peaches.
All I'm going to actually cook is a few sausages and sausage rolls. I must remember to prepare party bags and the parcel and prizes for Pass the Parcel and Musical Bumps.
Some people might consider this to be the slack parenting approach to partying. On the other hand, it cuts the prep time and the children are far more likely to eat.
I'm bound to forget something. I can live with that.