Tuesday, April 5, 2011

18 weeks

This second pregnancy is different to my first.

Despite the fact that I'm older and get tired a lot quicker, I'm making far less of a fuss and despite those age-associated risks (I'm 40 - not completely ancient), I'm not as worried about the baby's progress as I was with Peaches.

I'm only checking for on-line pregnancy facts or the latest deals on reusable nappies on a fortnightly basis instead of daily. And boy, am I looking for deals this time. I was far less frugal when I was working five days a week and we were living in those heady pre-subprime fiasco days.

And the big difference - the one that's most exciting to me? After several quiet months, this baby has started kicking. I can see and feel the movement. Peaches hardly ever kicked - she was a breech baby so I wasn't inclined to tell too many people about the 'zingers' as she danced on my cervix.

And as for the tummy photo - yadda yadda, the bump is getting bigger and you don't need a photo to know that. Enough already.


7 comments:

lin said...

Funny, exactly the same here. With son we took weekly photos of my growing belly and now at 19 weeks we have yet to take the 1st photo. Other than the occasional kick from inside I hardly know I'm pregnant this time. I have the second scan next week, quite curious as to whether it's a boy or girl. Are you going to find out?

Sass said...

Ooh no. I want a surprise - and to experience rush of mother love and the discovery of what it's like to have a second girl or a first time boy. Clearly I am still struggling with high expectations of the birth!

lin said...

Ha, the actual birth is the one thing I am trying to not think about. Last time that didn't quite go as planned, so not entirely sure what I'll be in for this time.

Husband wanted to find out with our first one, and he does again. It doesn't bother me either way so he can have this one. As long as I can choose the name ;-)

scrappysue said...

oooooooooooo but i DEF want a show and tell when we skype next! i think u skyped me on my birthday? sorry i missed it - i was being fabulously spoilt and out for most of the day

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh, I do miss that time (not the tired time, the baby's kicking time). Congrats to you!! How behind am I?!

Saz said...

lovely to hear from you! and congrats on your pregnancy>>>

if l;d known l would've come into pizza express...see from my post that l've been sitting on my doorstep for 3 hrs from 8-11pm...locked out awaiting son to come home from his Dads...

have alovely break...

talk when you're home again..

saz x

Working Mum said...

Popped in to see what's happening. Where are you? How's the pregnancy going? Hope all is well and you are looking forward to the new addition to the family. Is Peaches looking forward to starting school? So many questions, so few posts!